Friday, March 19, 2010

Don't Just Gripe...Grab A Muffin...Then Help

Hey District 19 Neighbors,


I have heard one question again and again this week with regard to my candidacy for the Utah House of Representatives; "Are you nuts?"  I know why people are asking me that.  Budgets are stretched, partisanship is high, decisions are tough, and public trust is weakened.  My response to the question is, "I'm more certain of it than ever."    You see, I can either be part of the problem or part of the solution.  I prefer the latter.  I always have.  That's why I running for the House of Representatives.  I hope that you want to be part of the solution as well. 

The most effective way for you to have a dramatic impact on who will represent you on Capitol Hill next year is to attend your Neighborhood Caucus (March 23rd), become a delegate to the County Convention,  then vote for the candidate who will best represent you, your community, and your values. I am that candidate. I hope you plan to attend and to participate.

Don't worry if you are new to this process!!   I am holding a Pre-Caucus Brunch to tell you more about the issues I stand for and how to elect Pitt supporters as County delegates.  The brunch will be held at Bountiful's own Extreme Home Makeover house - 702 East 500 South in Bountiful - from 9 to 10 am.  It was my pleasure to be the Volunteer Coordinator and City Liaison during the 5-day construction of this wonderful home.  Come see a great example of what the people of District 19 can do when they put their minds to it and work together...which is exactly what we need to do at the Caucus meeting as well.

Come for a lite-brunch as we discuss the issues that are important to District 19 and as I explain my background, my motivation, and my positions on the issues.  We'll also discuss how to make the Neighborhood Caucus meeting a strategic success for proven leadership, dedicated community service, fiscal responsibility, economic development, robust education, and strong ethics.
Please RSVP  by Friday evening 3/19 if you plan to attend - 801-867-1947.

Interest in the 2010 election is particularly high, so all of the county and state candidates are eager to bring their supporters to the Caucus meetings.  The delegates we elect that night will set the tone for the rest of the campaign.  Therefore, I need as many of my supporters as possible to attend the District 19 Caucus at 7 pm on March 23rd at Bountiful High School.  Once there, I need you elect delegates who will support me at the County Convention on April 10.  You can also run for a delegate spot yourself.  I look forward to seeing you on Saturday morning March 20th and on March 23rd as well.

Thank you for your support,

John Pitt
Candidate for Utah State Representative
District 19

No comments:

Post a Comment